Frequently Asked Questions
about the Airwallet App
Frequently Asked Questions
about Airwallet App
This page contains frequently asked questions about the Airwallet’s app which can be downloaded from Google Play and the App Store.
If you have a question which you can’t find the answer to here, you are more than welcome to contact us through the chat on this page, or at [email protected]
- Download Airwallet to your smartphone from Google Play or the App Store.
- Open the app and create a new user. Enter your name, phone number, select a PIN code.
- When you create a user, we will send you a 6-digit one-time code by SMS, which you must enter to confirm your phone number.
- To use Airwallet, you must have a valid payment card. Airwallet accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, JBC, American Express, Google Pay, Apple Pay, iDEAL, and Bancontact.
- You are now ready to use Airwallet
- Start by making sure you have entered the correct phone number and country code.
- Make sure you have a stable connection to mobile networks and the Internet.
- If you have forgotten your PIN-code, you can press ‘Forgot PIN-code?’ on the login page. Enter your phone number and wait for a one-time code. It arrives as an SMS. Once you have entered it, you can select a new PIN code for Airwallet.
- Make sure you are connected to your network so you can receive text messages.
- Make sure you are connected to the mobile network and have entered the correct phone number and country code.
- If you are sure that you have not received a one-time code yet and have a good connection, you can press the “send new code” button.
- If you still do not receive the one-time code, contact Airwallet at [email protected] or +45 78 70 99 99 and we will help you verify the account.
- No. The user is connected to your phone number, and you must enter an activation code which arrives via SMS.
- You can use the same payment method on different devices.
If Airwallet does not show up when you search, check:
- Did you spell the name correctly?
- If it still does not show up, it may be because you have an older smartphone. Airwallet only works with iPhone 5s and newer, and Android version 4.4 and newer. No support for Windows Phones.
If you get a new phone number or do not want to use Airwallet anymore, then the app must be deleted. If you want to delete your user you can: Log in ➜ Settings ➜ My profile ➜ Delete profile.
I am asked about something called NETS 3D secure when I add my card or am trying to make a payment, what is it?
3D secure is an additional layer of security that is sometimes used with digital card payments. It is not requested on all payments, but on selected payments, similar to when you sometimes are required to enter a PIN code on a card terminal.
The payment must either be approved with NemID/MitID or SMS+code from NETS.
- We recommend that you use the NemID/MitID app. (The traditional cardboard card no longer works)
- If you do not have the NemID or MitID app, you must create a password with NETS at nets.eu/3DS.
- If you are not shown NemID / MitID as a verification method, it is because your bank has not registered that this is possible. This may be due to:
- You do not have the NemID or MitID app on your phone yet
- You have just installed the NemID or MitID app and it has not been registered in the bank’s system yet.
- You are not the owner of the card
- The bank has not activated 3D Secure for your debit card. Contact the bank to do this.
If you are in doubt about why you can not choose NemID / MitID when you need to confirm your payment, you can contact your bank.
3D secure can be difficult if you have not tried it before. Therefore, we have made two guides that show how to make a payment if 3D secure is required on a payment.
If you experience errors when paying with SMS + code, it may be because you have not created your password at NETS yet, or because you enter the SMS one-time code twice in a row. You will first be asked about the one-time code you received via SMS, and then for your own password for NETS.
Yes, of course, contact those who own your laundry or, write to [email protected] and have your transaction ID ready, you can find it on the receipt in the app.
- When a machine does not start after payment, it may be because it was not ready to receive the start signal. To ensure this does not happen, we recommend that you put the clothes in the machine, close the door, select the program and pay at the end.
- If you cannot find your receipt, it is probably because you have only booked the machine but have not paid for it yet. You only pay for the machine when you start it.
- If you need a refund, the amount will be returned to your account within 1-5 business days.
There can be many reasons why a machine does not work. Some problems can be solved by turning off the machine for 10 seconds. This will restart the machine and the Airwallet device.
If this is not possible:
- If the fault is related to the Airwallet app, please contact us at [email protected]
- If the fault is related to the machine itself, such as a fault in pumping out water, or a fault in the heater on the machine, please contact the owner of your laundry.
You can still contact us if you would like your transaction refunded at [email protected]
If you cannot connect to the machine, it often has something to do with the Bluetooth connection from the phone to the machine. To solve that problem you can:
- Make sure you are in the laundry. You can only pay for machines within a 10-30 meter radius.
- Make sure the machine is ready to receive payment by closing the door and selecting a program.
- If you have an Android phone and it cannot connect to any of the machines in the laundry, it may be because the phone has reached its limit of how many devices it can connect to. The problem can be solved by restarting the phone.
- Make sure the machine is powered. For example, check that there is light in the display on the machine.
- If it did not solve the problem, contact Airwallet at [email protected] or +45 78 70 99 99.
Ordinary household appliances are not perfect for commercial laundries. This can result in differences in how long the machine calculates and how long it then actually spends.
- The differences can occur when the water is harder, there are more clothes in the machine, or the clothes are dirtier than expected.
- We recommend buying a little more time than indicated in the display on the machine, to be on the safe side.
- If the machine is interrupted in the middle of a cycle, you can always buy the remaining time. The machine will continue from where in the program it was interrupted.
On a household machine, you buy a given time where you have the machine available. If you have bought 2 hours and the first wash only takes 50 min, you can always start a new wash in the period you have bought.
With an Airwallet Ark subscription, you can wash up to X times. Your number of starts per. month will be reset to the number you have included in your subscription when your subscription is renewed.
This could be because:
- The list of machines in the laundry is updated once a minute.
- Some machines only become available again when the previous wash is finished and the door is opened.
- If the Airwallet system is brand new in your laundry, it may be due to an installation error. Therefore contact the owner of the laundry or Airwallet at [email protected] or +45 78 70 99 99.
- Professional machines will automatically be available again after 2 hours even if it is installed incorrectly. Otherwise, try turning off the entire machine for 10 seconds. Then both the machine and the Airwallet device will be restarted, and be available again.
Which day the money is deducted from your bank account depends on: if it’s on the weekend, holiday, which card provider you have, and your bank. Therefore, it may vary a bit when the money is deducted from your account.
You can change your payment method by logging in ➜ settings ➜ payment method ➜ tap on your current card.
Here you get the option to choose a new payment method.
If booking times or rules have changed, it is because the owner of your laundry has changed it.
You can deselect the booking system when Airwallet is installed. Ask the owner of your laundry if you want a booking system. It can be activated in the dashboard – and it’s free.